The recording lost from the pageant Railroads on parade : World's Fair 1939/40
- by Kurt Weill ; [words by Edward Hungerford].
- Uniform Title
- Railroads on parade. Selections
- Hillsdale, NY : Transcription Records, 
- Physical description
- 1 audio disc : CD audio ; 4 3/4 in.
- 14 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- 8 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
At the library
Archive of Recorded Sound
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
|M1505 .W422 R1 2012||In-library use|
- Opening credit
- The sea
- The open road
- The iron horse
- The railroad comes (1883)
- The Erie Canal
- The Stourbridge lion
- The US begins to build locomotives
- Railroads go where ships and steamboats cannot-- The Baltimore & Ohio RR (horse-drawn)
- The Tom Thumb
- The Atlantic
- The Galloway
- Westward ho!
- The Pony Express
- The land of gold
- The railroad comes to Califronia
- A trans-continental railroad
- Lincoln & Dodge : the Pacific railroad
- Lincoln's funeral train
- The Pacific railroad is completed
- The Union-Pacific Railroad
- End music.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Railroads on parade
- Subtitle from bill of play: Pageant drama of transport
- Title from disc label.
- "In 2008 four two-sided acetate discs of Railroads on parade were discovered in a cardboard box in a New York apartment. Recorded through a transcription phonograph at the Fair, they had been inteded for an hour-long radio broadcast. Rather than preserving either the 1939 or 1940 editions of the pageant, the discs include scenes from both editions and traverse the first two-thirds of the pageant"--Insert.
- Accompanying booklets are facsimile versions of: Bill of the play Railroads on parade ; and, Book of the pageant Railroads on parade.
- Program notes by Bruce D. McClung and Aaron Z. Snyder inserted in container.
- Ellen Love, John O'Shaughnessy, narrators ; various actors, singers and instrumentalists (given in bill of play) ; Isaac Van Grove, conductor.
- Recorded 1939-1940 World's Fair, New York.
- Included Work
- Bill of the play Railroads on parade.
- Book of the pageant Railroads on parade.
Browse related items
Start at call number: