A teacher's guide to preventing behavior problems in the elementary classroom
- Stephen W. Smith, Mitchell L. Yell.
- Boston, Mass. : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 208 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB3013 .S597 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Chapter 1 Preventing Behavior Problems:The Foundation for Classroom Management Chapter 2 Creating a Positive Classroom Environment (with T. Rowand Robinson) Chapter 3 Structuring and Organizing the Classroom Chapter 4 Understanding and Fostering Teacher-Student Relationships to Prevent Behavior Problems (Christopher L. Van Loan and Mike Marlowe) Chapter 5 Conducting Meetings in the Classroom Chapter 6 Preventing Problem Behavior Through Effective Teaching (with R. Allan Allday) Chapter 7 Using Specific Prevention and Intervention Techniques Chapter 8 Responding to Problem Behavior in the Classroom Chapter 9 Providing Students with Skills to Independently Make Wise Behavioral Choices (with Erika Nicsinger) Chapter 10 Putting It All Together.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137147410 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This guide includes straightforward, feasible, and evidence-based strategies designed to prevent behavior problems in K-5 classrooms and encourages teachers to be proactive in classroom management. Its emphasis on preventing behavior problems before they occur enables teachers to run their classrooms more efficiently and experience less frustration, while also increasing students learning. Chapters are devoted to organization and structure, effective instruction, prevention and intervention techniques, responding to student misbehavior and relationship building. Using real-life classroom scenarios, this guide equips teachers with management techniques that break the common cycle of frustration, aggression, rejection, and hostility, so they can create positive classroom environments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780137147410 20160610
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: