Consent : sexual rights and the transformation of American liberalism
- Pamela Haag.
- Ithaca [N.Y.] : Cornell University Press, 1999.
- Physical description
- xx, 232 p. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|HQ32 .H3 1999||Unknown|
- Haag, Pamela.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: What part of "no" don't you understand?
- "Chastity is only good for the work it can do" : seduction, consent and the private self
- "Victim or victimizer?" : the Dilemma of seduction in classic liberal culture
- White slavery or the wages of sin? : the reinvention of the privacy and sexual violence in the modern liberal context
- "Alleged husbands" and bona fide cases : arranged marriage, pure and simple consent, and the modern social contract
- The first sexual revolution : two views
- "Race lust in paradise" and "Sex trouble" : meanings of sexual liberty and violence in the early 1930s
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Sexual rights and the transformation of American liberalism
- 080142142X (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9780801421426 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0801485185 (paper : alk. paper)
- 9780801485183 (paper : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: