"Pennant-winning battery of songland" [sound recording]
- Van and Schenck.
- English. Sung in English.
- Champaign, IL : Archeophone Records, p2012.
- Physical description
- 1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Pioneers series.
At the library
- Hawaiian sunshine. Short version (1:30) ; Longer version (2:03) / L. Wolfe Gilbert, Carey Morgan
- It's a long, long time since I've been home / Josephine E. Vail (2:12)
- I wasn't skeered but I thought I'd better go / Bert Williams (2:27)
- Yaddie kaddie kiddie kaddie koo / Sam M. Lewis, Joseph Young ; George W. Meyer (3:04)
- That's how you can tell they're Irish / Thomas J. Gray, Clarence Gaskill (3:06)
- My little China doll. Short version (1:42) ; Longer version (1:57) / Gus Van, Joe Schenck, Jack Yellen
- Mother, may I go in to swim? / Harry Carroll ; Ballard Macdonald (1:57)
- Dance and grow thin / Irving Berlin ; George W. Meyer (2:25)
- For me and my gal / Edgar Leslie, E. Ray Goetz ; George W. Meyer (2:52)
- There's something nice about the South / Irving Berlin (2:39)
- I don't think I need a job that bad / Gus Van, Joe Schenck (3:21)
- Far away in Honolulu (they've got the tango craze) / The Leightons (2:29)
- Huckleberry Finn / Cliff Hess, S.M. Lewis, Joe Young (2:36)
- Mulberry Rose / Gus Van, Joe Schenck (2:24)
- The ragtime volunteers are off to war / Ballard Macdonald ; James F. Hanley (2:25)
- If I was as strong as Samson / Gus Van, Joe Schenck (2:34)
- Southern gals / Jack Yellen ; Albert Gumble (2:33)
- I miss the old folks now / Gus Van, Joe Schenck, Edmund J. Porray (3:18)
- I don't want to get well / Howard Johnson, Harry Pease ; Harry Jentes (3:02)
- In the land o' Yamo Yamo (Funiculi, funicula). Version
- 1 (2:27) ; Version
- 2 (2:56) / Joe McCarthy ; Fred Fisher
- Where do they get 'em and how do they get 'em? / Carroll (3:24)
- My mind's made up to marry Carolina / Lew Brown ; Rubey Cowan (2:48)
- I'm in love / Lew Brown (2:47)
- Beans, beans, beans / Elmer Bowman ; Chris Smith (3:06)
- Ragtime Moses old-time bomboshay / Gus Van, Joe Schenck ; Malvin M. Franklin (3:09).
- Included Work
- Gilbert, L. Wolfe (Louis Wolfe), 1886-1970 Hawaiian sunshine.
- Vail, Josephine E. It's a long, long time since I've been home.
- Williams, Bert, 1874-1922 I wasn't skeered but I thought I'd better go.
- Meyer, George W., 1884-1959 Yaddie kaddie kiddie kaddie koo.
- Gray, Thomas J., 1888-1924 That's how you can tell they're Irish.
- Carroll, Harry, 1892-1962 Mother, may I go in to swim?
- Meyer, George W., 1884-1959 Dance and grow thin.
- Meyer, George W., 1884-1959 For me and my gal.
- Berlin, Irving, 1888-1989 There's something nice about the South.
- Hess, Cliff, 1894-1959 Huckleberry Finn.
- Hanley, James F. (James Frederick), 1892-1942 Ragtime volunteers are off to war.
- Gumble, Albert, 1883-1946 Southern gals.
- Jentes, Harry, 1887-1958 I don't want to get well.
- Fisher, Fred, 1875-1942. In the land o' Yamo Yamo.
- Carroll, Harry, 1892-1962 Where do they get 'em and how do they get 'em?
- Cowan, Rubey, 1891-1957 My mind's made up to marry Carolina.
- Brown, Lew I'm in love.
- Smith, Chris, 1879-1949 Beans, beans, beans.
- Franklin, Malvin M. Ragtime Moses old-time bomboshay.
- Van and Schenck My little China doll.
- Van and Schenck I don't think I need a job that bad.
- Leighton Bros. Far away in Honolulu.
- Van and Schenck Mulberry Rose.
- Van and Schenck If I was as strong as Samson.
- Van and Schenck I miss the old folks now.
- Release date
- Production date
- Title Variation
- Subtitle on container: Breakthrough recordings, 1916-1918
- Pioneers series
- Popular music.
- Compilation of previously issued material.
- Compact disc.
- Biographical and program notes by Trav S.D. and Richard Martin, with bibliographical references and discographical information (27 p. : ill. (some col.) inserted in container.
- Van & Schenck (Gus Van, baritone ; Joe Schenck, tenor; except Gus Van, solo vocal on tracks 4, 13, 18; Gus Van, solo comedian on tracks 26, 27) ; with Helena & Palakiko, ukelele and guitar (tracks 1-2) ; Malvin Franklin, piano (tracks 1-2).
- Recorded 1916-1918.
- Publisher Number
- ARCH 5016 Archeophone
Browse related items
Start at call number: