Europe of rights : a compendium on the European Convention of Human Rights
- edited by Javier Garcia Roca, Pablo Santolaya.
- Uniform Title
- Europa de los derechos. English.
- Leiden ; Boston : Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 2012.
- Physical description
- xvii, 672 p. ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KJC5132 .A4195 E8513 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Participants-- Preface to the English Edition by Javier Garcia Roca and Pablo Santolaya-- i The Preamble, The Convention's Hermeneutic Context: A Constitutional Instrument of European Public Order by Javier Garcia Roca-- ii The Scope of Obligations under The European Convention on Human Rights by Pablo Antonio Fernandez Sanchez-- iii Legal Protection of Life: Transformation and Expansion (Art. 2 ECHR and Protocols 6 and 13) by Fernando Rey Martinez-- iv Treatment Proscribed under Article 3 of The European Convention On Human Rights by Ana Salado Osuna-- v Prohibition of Slavery and Forced Labour: An Example of Integration of International Treaties by Raul Canosa Usera-- vi European Convention Protection of the Right to Liberty and Security: A Minimum European Standard by Fco. Javier Alvarez Garcia and Argelia Queralt Jimenez-- vii Initial Approach to The Right to A Fair Trial and to the Demands of Article 6.1 ECHR, In Particular, the Right of Access to A Court by Coral Aranguena Fanego-- viii The Right to a Double Degree of Jurisdiction in Criminal Offences by Coral Aranguena Fanego-- ix "Reasonable Time" In the Administration of Justice: A Requirement of The European Convention of Human Rights by Ana Salado Osuna-- x The Right to a Public Hearing: A Guarantee Downplayed by The Strasbourg Court by Jose Miguel Vidal Zapatero-- xi The Right to an Independent and Impartial Tribunal (Art. 6.1 ECHR): A Specific Minimum Standards Guarantee Rather Than a Rule of Justice by Javier Garcia Roca And Jose Miguel Vidal Zapatero-- xii An Extensive But Not Very Stringent Presumption of Innocence (Art. 6.2 ECHR) by Alfredo Allue Buiza-- xiii Requirements in Relation to the Right to a Defence: The Right to Defend Oneself, to Legal Assistance and Legal Aid by Coral Aranguena Fanego-- xiv Requirements in Relation to Witness Examination under Article 6.3 D) ECHR by Coral Aranguena Fanego-- xv The Right to Be Informed of the Charge (Article 6.3 A) ECHR by Isabel Perello Domenech-- xvi The Right to Be Compensated for Miscarriage of Justice (Article 3, Protocol 7) by Isabel Perello Domenech-- xvii The Weakened Concept of the European Principle of Criminal Legality (Art. 7 ECHR And P7-4) by Susana Huerta Tocildo-- xviii The Right toa Private and Family Life (Notably Extended Right to Privacy) by Pablo Santolaya-- xix Freedom of Thought, Conscience and Religion (Art.9 ECHR) by Alejandro Torres Gutierrez-- xx The Right to Freedom of Expression in a Democratic Society by Rafael Bustos Gisbert-- xxi Freedom of Assembly and Association (Art. 11 ECHR Some Hesitations on a Path of Firm Protection by Juan Maria Bilbao Ubillos-- xxii The Right to Marry (Art. 12 ECHR) by Alejandro Torres Gutierrez-- xxiii The Right to an Effective Remedy before a National Authority Problems of Interpretation (Art. 13 ECHR) by Encarna Carmona Cuenca-- xxiv The Prohibition on Discrimination. New Content (Art. 14 ECHR and Protocol 12) by Encarna Carmona Cuenca-- xxv Suspending Guarantees of The European Convention on Human Rights (Art. 15) by Pablo Antonio Fernandez Sanchez-- xxvi Restrictions on the Political Activity of Aliens under Article 16 ECHR by Juan Fernando Duran Alba-- xxvii Abuse of Fundamental Rights and Defence of Democracy (Art. 17 ECHR) by Javier Garcia Roca-- xxviii Limiting Restrictions on Rights. Art. 18 ECHR (A Generic Limit on Limits According to Purpose) by Pablo Santolaya-- xxix Right of Property and Limits on Its Regulation (Additional Protocol No. 1, Article 1) by Mar Aguilera Vaques-- xxx Right to Education and Educational Pluralism (Commentary to Article 2 of Protocol 1) by Raul Canosa Usera-- xxxi From States' International Commitment to Organise Free Elections to the Citizens' Right to Vote and Stand for Election:(Art. 3 P1 ECHR) by Javier Garcia Roca-- xxxii Liberty of Movement within the Territory of a State (Article 2 of Additional Protocol No. 4 ECHR) by Nuria Arenas Hidalgo-- xxxiii The Prohibition on Expelling and Depriving Nationals of the Right to Enter in Their Own State (Article 3 of Protocol 4) by Juan Fernando Duran Alba-- xxxiv Prohibition on the Collective Expulsion of Aliens (Article 4 of Protocol 4) by Juan Fernando Duran Alba-- xxxv Guarantees against Expulsion of Aliens under Article 1 of Protocol No. 7 by Juan Fernando Duran Alba-- xxxvi The European Convention of Human Rights and Its Member States by Maria Diaz Crego-- index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004219908 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This book is a systematic commentary on half a century of case law on the Convention system made by a group of legal experts from various universities and legal disciplines. It provides a guide of the rights protected under ECHR as well as a better understanding, open to supranational scenarios, of fundamental rights in the respective Constitutions. Our intention is not only to make available a mere case law commentary. This work indeed offers succinct information on the most consolidated lines of case law and this is probably where it is most useful. Nevertheless there is also academic reflection, which we believe is nowadays essential as Europe is becoming more than a continent: it is, above all, a civilisation, with a common language of rights, a developing ius commune.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9789004219908 20160610
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- 9789004219908 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9004219900 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9789004219915 (ebk.)
- 9004219919 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: