- Bonnie Christensen.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Flash Point/Roaring Brook Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|ML3930 .R33 C57 2009||Unknown|
- Christensen, Bonnie.
- Includes bibliographical references and discography.
- Born into a traveling gypsy family, young Django Reinhardt taught himself guitar at an early age. He was soon acclaimed as the "Gypsy Genius" and "Prodigy Boy," but one day his world changed completely when a fire claimed the use of his fretting hand. Folks said Django would never play again, but with passion and perseverance he was soon setting the world's concert stages ablaze.
- Reinhardt, Django, 1910-1953 > Juvenile literature.
- Guitarists > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Jazz musicians > France > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Reinhardt, Django, 1910-1953.
- Guitarists > France > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Jazz musicians.
- Publication date
- "A Neal Porter book."
- Schneider Family Book Award, Young Children, 2010.
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2010.
- 1596434228 (hbk.)
- 9781596434226 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: