- Bonnie Christensen.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Flash Point/Roaring Brook Press, c2009.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|ML3930 .R33 C57 2009||Unknown|
- Christensen, Bonnie.
- Includes bibliographical references and discography.
- Born into a traveling gypsy family, young Django Reinhardt taught himself guitar at an early age. He was soon acclaimed as the "Gypsy Genius" and "Prodigy Boy, " but one day his world changed completely when a fire claimed the use of his fretting hand. Folks said Django would never play again, but with passion and perseverance he was soon setting the world's concert stages ablaze.
- Reinhardt, Django, 1910-1953 > Juvenile literature.
- Guitarists > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Jazz musicians > France > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Reinhardt, Django, 1910-1953.
- Guitarists > France > Biography > Juvenile literature.
- Jazz musicians.
- Publication date
- "A Neal Porter book."
- Schneider Family Book Award, Young Children, 2010.
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2010.
- 1596434228 (hbk.)
- 9781596434226 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: