A level of Martin-Lof randomness
- Bradley S. Tice.
- Enfield, N.H. : CRC Press, c2013.
- Physical description
- x, 118 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QA267.7 .T53 2013||Unknown|
- Tice, Bradley S.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction Definition of a Level of Martin-Lof Randomness Compression Radix Numbers: A Historical Overview Binary: An Overview of the Radix 2 System Ternary: An Overview of the Radix 3 System Quaternary: An Overview of the Radix 4 System Quinary: An Overview of the Radix 5 System Larger Radix Numbers Universal and Truncated Applications Conclusions Summary References Notes Appendix A: Compression and Geometric Data Appendix B: Random and Nonrandom Sequential Strings Using a Radix 5 Base System Appendix C: Patterns within Patternless Sequences Appendix D: A Radix 4 Base System for Use in Theoretical Genetics Appendix E: A Compression Program for Chemical, Biological, and Nanotechnologies Appendix F: Babbage, Enigmas and Captain Crunch: An Essay Appendix G: Innovations and Mathematics Appendix H: Raymond J. Solomonoff: An Obituary Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781578087518 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This work addresses the notion of compression ratios greater than what has been known for random sequential strings in binary and larger radix-based systems as applied to those traditionally found in Kolmogorov complexity. A culmination of the author's decade-long research that began with his discovery of a compressible random sequential string, the book maintains a theoretical-statistical level of introduction suitable for mathematical physicists. It discusses the application of ternary-, quaternary-, and quinary-based systems in statistical communication theory, computing, and physics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781578087518 20160610
- Publication date
- "A Science Publishers Book."
- 9781578087518 (hardcover)
- 1578087511 (hardcover)
Browse related items
Start at call number: