Reflections from the frontline : developing country negotiators in the WTO
- editors, Pradeep S. Mehta, Atul Kaushik, Rashid S. Kaukab.
- New Delhi : Published by Academic Foundation in association with CUTS International, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 375 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|HF1385 .R398 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 347-362).
- Developing countries in WTO negotiations : moving from the margins to the middle / Vinod Rege
- Agriculture : at the centre of DDA negotiations / Robert Azevedo & Braz Baracuhy
- Non-agricultural market access (NAMA) : balancing development and ambition / Shree B.C. Servansing
- Trade in services : safeguarding developing country interests / Guillermo Malpica Soto
- Trade facilitation : negotiations towards a win-win outcome / Manzoor Ahmad
- TRIPs in DDA : personal perspective of a developing country negotiator / Guilherme Patriota
- Rules negotiations : anti-dumping, subsidies and countervailing duties, fisheries subsidies and regional trade agreements / Guillermo Valles Galmes
- Special and differential treatment : continuing saga of stalled negotiations / Nelson Ndirangu
- Preference erosion : negotiation with steadfast pragmatism / Shree B.C. Servansing
- Dispute settlement understanding : proposals for reform / Manual A.J. Teehankee
- G20 : combining substance with solidarity and leadership / Ujal Sing Bhatia
- The group of 33 : navigating in turbulent waters / Dian Triansyah Djani, Erwidodo and Denny Wachyudi Kurnia
- NAMA 11 on industrial goods : theory and practice of successful coalitions / Faizal Ismail
- Asserting the rights of smallness : small and vulnerable economies at the WTO / Ronald Sanders
- African group and DDA : maintaining solidarity of a large coalition / Arsene M. Balihuta
- LDC group : shared challenges, united responses / Matern Y.C. Lumbanga.
- Publisher's Summary
- A substantive account of the evolution of the World Trade Organisation's (WTO) Doha Development Agenda (DDA) negotiations and the role of developing country coalitions and alliances, this book presents the reflections of former and current developing country negotiators on their firsthand experiences. With explanations on the mandates for these discussions, it offers insights into how negotiations on trade and economic relations are conducted in the multilateral trading system; covers the negotiating experience on specific subjects in the Doha Round; and deals with coalition building efforts by developing countries and the impact of these coalitions on the negotiations. Covering a 10-year history of the DDA, this account presents a rich resume of increasing and more effective developing country participation in the WTO.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9788171889266 20160610
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: