Tomorrow's innovators : essential skills for a changing world
- Dennis Adams and Mary Hamm.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2013.
- Physical description
- ix, 183 p. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1570 .A27 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Preface Chapter 1: Introduction: Essential Skills in a Changing World Chapter 2: Thinking and Learning in a technologically-intensive world Chapter 3: Collaborative Learning: A Role for Small Groups in Preparing Tomorrow's Innovators Chapter 4: Communication Technologies Chapter 5: Science and Math: Focus, Inquiry, and Creative Problem Solving Chapter 6: Reading and Writing: Literacy and Language Skills in a Changing World Chapter 7: Arts Education: Connections, Knowledge, and Informed Encounters.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Profound societal changes in the economic, technological, social, and educational fronts pose challenges for educators in their ability to equip young students with the skills and capabilities needed to navigate a digitally connected and complex world. Tomorrow's Innovators: Essential Skills For A Changing World focuses on approaches and methods to help teachers infuse their basic subject matter lessons with creativity, innovation, and adaptability. On a broader scale, we provide elementary and middle school educators with insights into current educational issues and suggestions for converting new ideas into practical classroom applications. Teachers need to transform the classroom or school into a contemporary learning environment by paying attention to consistent classroom routines, using assessment data for improvement, and having a coherent organizational structure. The old foundations of reading, writing, and mathematics and the new basics of science, technology, and the arts will be at the core of schooling. More than ever, thinking about curriculum and instruction has to occur as the traditional boundaries between politics, technology, culture, education, and ecology disappear.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781475800807 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475800800 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475800814 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475800819 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475800821 (electronic)
- 1475800827 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: