Laboratory protocols in applied life sciences
- Prakash Singh Bisen, Emeritus Scientist, Defense Research Development Establishment, Defense Research Development Organization, Ministry of Defense, Government of India, Gwalior, India .
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- lxxxix, 1720 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|RC71.3 .B57 2014||In-library use|
- Bisen, Prakash S., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- pH and Buffers
- Radiation Biology
- Separation Technology
- Histochemical Techniques
- Photosynthesis and Respiration
- Soil Biology
- Immunochemical Methods
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Enzyme Immobilization
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Animal Cell Science and Technology
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Environmental Biology
- Publisher's Summary
- As applied life science progresses, becoming fully integrated into the biological, chemical, and engineering sciences, there is a growing need for expanding life sciences research techniques. Anticipating the demands of various life science disciplines, Laboratory Protocols in Applied Life Sciences explores this development. This book covers a wide spectrum of areas in the interdisciplinary fields of life sciences, pharmacy, medical and paramedical sciences, and biotechnology. It examines the principles, concepts, and every aspect of applicable techniques in these areas. Covering elementary concepts to advanced research techniques, the text analyzes data through experimentation and explains the theory behind each exercise. It presents each experiment with an introduction to the topic, concise objectives, and a list of necessary materials and reagents, and introduces step-by-step, readily feasible laboratory protocols. Focusing on the chemical characteristics of enzymes, metabolic processes, product and raw materials, and on the basic mechanisms and analytical techniques involved in life science technological transformations, this text provides information on the biological characteristics of living cells of different origin and the development of new life forms by genetic engineering techniques. It also examines product development using biological systems, including pharmaceutical, food, and beverage industries. Laboratory Protocols in Applied Life Sciences presents a nonmathematical account of the underlying principles of a variety of experimental techniques in disciplines, including: * Biotechnology * Analytical biochemistry * Clinical biochemistry * Biophysics * Molecular biology * Genetic engineering * Bioprocess technology * Industrial processes * Animal * Plant * Microbial biology * Computational biology * Biosensors Each chapter is self-contained and written in a style that helps students progress from basic to advanced techniques, and eventually design and execute their own experiments in a given field of biology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781466553156 20160613
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781466553149 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1466553146 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9781466553156 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1466553154 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: