The goals of competition law
- edited by Daniel Zimmer.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar, c2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 512 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- ASCOLA competition law.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3850 .A6 A82 2010||Unknown|
- Corporate Author
- ASCOLA. Workshop on Comparative Competition Law (5th : 2010 : Bonn, Germany)
- Zimmer, Daniel.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pt. I. Normative foundations of competition law
- On the choice of welfare standards in competition law / Louis Kaplow
- What is competition? / Maurice E. Sucke
- Characteristic aspects of competition and their consequences for the objectives of competition law : comment on Stucke / Andreas Fuchs
- The multiple personalities of EU competition law : time for a comprehensive debate on its objectives / Laura Parret
- The goals of European competition law : some distortions in the literature : comment of Parret / David J. Gerber
- Thinking inside the box : why competition as a process is a sui generis right : a methodological observation / Oles Andriychuk
- Legal interpretation and practice versus legal theory : reconciliation of competition goals : comment on Andriychuk / Anca Daniela Chirițǎ
- On the normative foundations of competition law : efficiency, political freedom and the freedom to compete / Frank Maier-Rigaud
- Efficiency, political freedom and the freedom to compete : comment on Maier-Rigaud / Heike Schweitzer
- Economic content of competition law : the point of regulating preferences / Adrian Künzler
- On th difference of methodology in jurisprudence and economics : comment on Künzler / Iwakazu Takahashi
- Do words matter? : a discussion on words used to designate values associated with competition law / Paul Nihoul
- On words and on shifting their meaning : comment on Nihoul / Josef Bejček
- Antitrust pluralism and justice / Abayomi Al-Ameen
- Antitrust pluralism and justice : comment on Al-Ameen / Michael S. Gal and Eran Fish
- Pt. II. Selected issues related to the goals of competition law
- The single market imperative and consumer welfare : irreconcilable goals? : exploring the tensions amongst the objectives of European competition law through the lens of parallel trade in pharmaceuticals / Matteo Negrinotti
- Goals of union competition law on regulated markets : pharmaceutical industry and parallel trade : comment on Negrinotti / Luboš Tichý
- Excessive pricing and the goals of competition law / Thomas Ackerman
- Excessive pricing and the goals of competition law : an enforcement perspective : comment on Ackermann / Jörg Philipp Terhechte
- China's anti-monopoly law : agent of competition enhancement or engine of industrial policy? / Xiaoye Wang and Jessica Su
- China's anti-monopoly law : agent of competition enhancement or engine of industrial policy? : comment on Wang and Su / Deborah Healey
- Reflections on the concepts of 'economic freedom', 'free competition' and 'efficiency' from the perspective of developing countries / Mor Bakhoum
- A social approach to the goals of competition law in developing countries : comment on Bakhoum / Karounga Diawara
- Competition law goals in agricultural markets : a Latin American perspective / Juan David Guitiérrez Rodriguez
- Agricultural markets and competition policy in Latin America : conflicts of goals, rules and enforcement policies : comment on Guitiérrez Rodriguez
- The basic goal of competition law : to protect the opposite side of the market / Daniel Zimmer.
- Publisher's Summary
- What are the normative foundations of competition law? That is the question at the heart of this book. Leading scholars consider whether this branch of law serves just one or more than one goal, and if it serves to protect unfettered competition as such, how this goal relates to other objectives such as the promotion of economic welfare. The book brings together contributions on the relevance of different welfare standards, on the concept of 'freedom to compete' and on distributional fairness as a goal of competition law. Moreover, it discusses the relationship to other legal goals such as market integration. Finally, the specific issue of competition law goals in emerging economies is addressed. The Goals of Competition Law will have strong appeal to academics in competition law and competition economics; policy-makers, enforcers and other practitioners in the field of competition law; postgraduate students in competition law and competition economics.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- ASCOLA competition law
- "The Fifth ASCOLA Workshop on Comparative Competition Law."
- Conference held in Bonn, from May 27-29, 2010.
- 9780857936608 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0857936603 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: