Investigative report on the U.S. national security issues posed by Chinese telecommunications companies Huawei and ZTE [electronic resource] : a report
- by Chairman Mike Rogers and Ranking Member C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger of the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
- [Washington, DC] : U.S. House of Representatives, 2012.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (vii, 52 p.) : digital, PDF file.
Also available at
- Rogers, Mike.
- Ruppersberger, C.A. Dutch.
- United States. Congress. House. Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Includes bibliographical references: p. 46-52.
- The threat posed to U.S. national-security interests by vulnerabilities in the telecommunications supply chain is an increasing priority given the country's reliance on interdependent critical infrastructure systems; the range of threats these systems face; the rise in cyber espionage; and the growing dependence all consumers have on a small group of equipment providers. China has the means, opportunity, and motive to use telecommunications companies for malicious purposes. Suggested 'mitigation measures' cannot fully address the threat posed by Chinese telecommunications companies providing equipment and services to United States critical infrastructure. The Committee launched this investigation to seek answers to some persistent questions about the Chinese telecommunications companies Huawei and ZTE and their ties to the Chinese government. Throughout the months-long investigation, both Huawei and ZTE sought to describe, in different terms, why neither company is a threat to U.S. national-security interests. Unfortunately, neither ZTE nor Huawei have cooperated fully with the investigation, and both companies have failed to provide documents or other evidence that would substantiate their claims or lend support for their narratives.
- Infrastructure (Economics) > Security measures > United States.
- Huawei Technologies (Firm)
- ZTE Corporation.
- National security > United States.
- Business enterprises > Government policy > China.
- Telecommunication > Security measures > Government policy > United States.
- 'United States'
- Publication date
- October 8, 2012.
- Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 29, 2012).
- Downloaded from http://intelligence.house.gov/sites/intelligence.house.gov/files/documents/Huawei-ZTE%20Investigative%20Report%20%28FINAL%29.pdf on Oct 08, 2012.
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- System requirements: Adobe Reader.