The Joint Chiefs of Staff and national policy, 1957-1960
- by Byron R. Fairchild, Walter S. Poole.
- Washington, DC : Office of Joint History, Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, 2000.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (274 pages) : PDF
- History of the Joint Chiefs of Staff v. 7.
Also available at
- Fairchild, Byron.
- Poole, Walter S., 1943- author.
- United States. Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Joint History Office issuing body.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 235-261) and index.
- ["The series, The Joint Chiefs of Staff and National Policy, treats the activities of the Joint Chiefs of Staff since the close of World War II. Because of the nature of the activities of the Joint Chiefs of Staff as well as the sensitivity of the sources, the volumes of the series were originally prepared in classified form. Classification designations, in the text and footnotes, are those that appeared in the original classified volume. Volume VII describes JCS activities during the period 1957-1960 except for activities related to Indochina which are covered in a separate series. Although only the names of its principal authors appear on the title page, the preparation of Volume VII was truly a collaborative effort. Originally written in the 1960s, the classified publication had thirteen chapters."]
- United States. Joint Chiefs of Staff > History.
- National security > United States.
- United States > Military policy.
- World politics > 1955-1965.
- Humanities and History.
- Military Forces and Organizations.
- Military Operations, Strategy and Tactics.
- Military forces(U.S.)
- Military history.
- United states government.
- Military assistance.
- Cold war.
- Arms control.
- AQ MOO-11-3853
- Publication date
- History of the Joint Chiefs of Staff ; v. 7
- APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE.