Mobile technologies for conflict management : online dispute resolution, governance, participation
- edited by Marta Poblet.
- Dordrecht ; New York : Springer, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 220 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Law, governance and technology series v. 2.
Law Library (Crown)
|HM1126 .M63 2011||Unknown|
- Poblet Balcell, Marta.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to mobile technologies, conflict management, and ODR : exploring common grounds / Marta Poblet
- Mobile phones in conflict-stressed environments : macro, meso and microanalysis / Michael L. Best
- Appropriate mobile technologies : is grassroots empowerment for all? / Ken Banks
- Mobile technology, crowdsourcing and peace mapping : new theory and applications for conflict management / Jessica Heinzelman, Rachel Brown, and Patrick Meier
- How to crowdsource election monitoring in 30 days : the Mexican experience / Oscar Salazar and Jorge Soto
- Cell phones and conflict zones : how Souktel uses SMS technology to empower and aid in conflict-affected communities / Jacob Korenblum and Bieta Andemariam
- ODR and government in a mobile world / Ethan Katsh and Daniel Rainey
- Crowdsourcing dispute resolution over mobile devices / Colin Rule and Chittu Nagarajan
- Mobile technology and the rule of law / Alina Huiu and Jeffrey Aresty
- Towards and online family dispute resolution service in Australia / Elisabeth Wilson-Evered ... [et al.]
- Burma : a modern anomaly / Emily Jacobi
- Modern governance : applications, challenges and scaling-up / Johan Hellström
- Privacy for reporters of human rights abuses : identity and anonymity in mobile networks / Leonard A. Martucci and Simone Fischer-Hübner
- Personal privacy in mobile networks / Claudio A. Ardagna, Sabrina De Capitani di Vimercati, and Pierangela Samarati.
- Publisher's Summary
- Mobile phones are the most ubiquitous communications technology in the world. Besides transforming the way in which we communicate, they can also be used as a powerful tool for conflict prevention and management. This book presents innovative uses of mobile technologies in the areas of early warning, disaster and humanitarian relief, governance, citizens' participation, etc. and cuts across different regions. The book brings together experts and practitioners from different fields-mobile technologies, information systems, computer sciences, online dispute resolution, law, etc.-to reflect on present experiences and to explore new areas for research on conflict management and online dispute resolution (ODR). It also reflects on the transition from present ODR to future mobile Dispute Resolution and discusses key privacy issues. The book is addressed to anyone involved in conflict prevention and dispute management aiming to learn how mobile technologies can play a disruptive role in the way we deal with conflict.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Law, governance and technology series ; v. 2
Browse related items
Start at call number: