Regression methods in biostatistics : linear, logistic, survival, and repeated measures models
- Eric Vittinghoff ... [et al.].
- 2nd ed.
- New York : Springer, c2012.
- Physical description
- xx, 509 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Statistics for biology and health.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|QH323.5 .R43 2012||Unknown|
- Vittinghoff, Eric.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 489-500) and index.
- Introduction.- Exploratory and Descriptive Methods.- Basic Statistical Methods.- Linear Regression.- Logistic Regression.- Survival Analysis.- Repeated Measures Analysis.- Generalized Linear Models.- Strengthening Casual Inference.- Predictor Selection.- Complex Surveys.- Summary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461413523 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- This new book provides a unified, in-depth, readable introduction to the multipredictor regression methods most widely used in biostatistics: linear models for continuous outcomes, logistic models for binary outcomes, the Cox model for right-censored survival times, repeated-measures models for longitudinal and hierarchical outcomes, and generalized linear models for counts and other outcomes. Treating these topics together takes advantage of all they have in common. The authors point out the many-shared elements in the methods they present for selecting, estimating, checking, and interpreting each of these models. They also show that these regression methods deal with confounding, mediation, and interaction of causal effects in essentially the same way. The examples, analyzed using Stata, are drawn from the biomedical context but generalize to other areas of application. While a first course in statistics is assumed, a chapter reviewing basic statistical methods is included. Some advanced topics are covered but the presentation remains intuitive. A brief introduction to regression analysis of complex surveys and notes for further reading are provided.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781461413523 20160610
- Publication date
- Statistics for biology and health, 1431-8776
- 9781461413523 (alk. paper)
- 1461413524 (alk. paper)
- 9781461413530 (e-ISBN)
Browse related items
Start at call number: