Freedom of expression : essays in honour of Nicolas Bratza, president of the European Court of Human Rights
- [Josep Casadevall ... et al., eds.].
- English, French. In English with one article in French.
- Oisterwijk, The Netherlands : Wolf Legal Publishers, c2012.
- Physical description
- viii, 572 p. : ill. (some col.), 1 port. ; 24 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KJC5154 .F74 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- The opinions, separate and otherwise, of Judge Nicolas Bratza / Michael O'Boyle
- Media freedom and human rights in Europe / Thomas Hammarberg
- When is there a public interest in private life? / Robert Walker
- Media intrusion and human rights : striking the balance / Lady Justice Arden
- Phone-hacking, the famous and a free media : balancing freedom of the press and privacy / Philip Leach
- Responsible journalism and the common law / Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers
- About court jesters : freedom of expression and duties and responsibilities of journalists / Egbert Myjer
- The protection of journalists' sources / George Nicolaou
- Media professionals and penalties for defamation / Paivi Hirvela
- The right of reply / Davíð Þór Björgvinsson
- Political speech and political equality / Brenda Hale
- The advertisement of religious belief : what think ye of Murphy? / Erik Fribergh and John Darcy
- Where angels fear to tread / Lord Neuberger
- La liberté d'expression des juges de la Cour européenne des droits de l'homme / Jean-Paul Costa
- L'avocat et la liberté d'expression / Josep Casadevall
- Witnesses and the right to remain silent / Stan Naismith
- Free speech of civil servants and other public employees / Paul Mahoney
- When to say is to do : freedom of expression and hate speech in the case-law of the European Court of Human Rights / Françoise Tulkens
- The right to offend / Anthony Lester
- Blasphemy and religious insult : offenses to religious feelings or attacks on freedom? / Luis López Guerra
- Article 17 ECHR and freedom of speech in Strasbourg practice / Mark E. Villiger
- Symbolic speech / Lech Garlicki
- Freedom of expression and incitement to violence / Giovanni Bonello
- Variations on an original theme : music and human rights / Dean Spielmann
- Words in the workplace / Karen Reid
- The internet and freedom of expression : a "brave new world" and the ECtHR's evolving case-law / Nina Vajić and Panayotis Voyatzis
- Freedom of expression and EU law / Peter Roth
- Whistleblowers : the new watchdogs? / Anna Austin
- The importance of the Court's case-law in Central and Eastern Europe / Nuala Mole
- Freedom of expression in situations of emergency and armed conflict / Françoise J. Hampson
- The chilling effect of counter-terrorism measures : a comparative analysis of electronic surveillance laws in Europe and the USA / Elisabet Fura and Mark Klamberg
- Voices in the classroom : freedom of expression and educational provision / Jim Murdoch
- Libel and defamation in Malta : a historical sketch / Vincent A. De Gaetano
- Some thoughts on the principle of subsidiarity and margin of appreciation in the context of freedom of expression / Matti Pellonpää
- Handyside, 35 years down the road / Sally Dollé and Clare Ovey
- Article 10 : issues of fairness, proof and evidence / Lawrence Early.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Essays in honour of Nicolas Bratza, president of the European Court of Human Rights
- "Council of Europe"--T.p. verso.
- 9789058508683 (Wolf Legal Publishers)
- 9058508684 (Wolf Legal Publishers)
- 9789287174253 (Council of Europe)
- 9287174253 (Council of Europe)
Browse related items
Start at call number: