Biofuels and bioenergy : processes and technologies
- Sunggyu Lee and Y.T. Shah.
- Boca Raton, FL : Taylor & Francis, c2013.
- Physical description
- xvii, 323 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Green chemistry and chemical engineering.
Chemistry & ChemEng Library (Swain)
|TP339 .L44 2013||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to Biofuels and Bioenergy Definition Global Energy Outlook Sustainability Biomass Feedstocks Processes and Technologies Environment and Ecology Crop Oils, Biodiesel, and Algae Fuels Vegetable Oils Algae Oil Extraction of Straight Vegetable Oil Manufacture of Biodiesel Ethanol from Corn Fuel Ethanol from Corn Corn Ethanol as Oxygenated Fuel Chemistry of Ethanol Fermentation Corn-to-Ethanol Process Technology By-Products/Coproducts of Corn Ethanol Ethanol as Oxygenated and Renewable Fuel Ethanol Vehicles Other Uses of Ethanol Ethanol from Lignocellulose Lignocellulose and Its Utilization Lignocellulose Conversion Historical Perspective of Alcohol Fermentation Technology Agricultural Lignocellulosic Feedstock Cellulosic Ethanol Technology Energy Balance for Ethanol Production from Biomass Process Economics and Strategic Direction Fast Pyrolysis and Gasification of Biomass Biomass and Its Utilization Analysis and Composition of Biomass Chemistry of Biomass Gasification Fast Pyrolysis of Biomass Biomass Gasification Processes Utilization of Biomass Synthesis Gas Conversion of Waste to Biofuels, Bioproducts, and Bioenergy Introduction Types of Waste and Their Distributions Strategies for Waste Management Waste Preparation and Pretreatment for Conversion Technologies for Conversion of Waste to Energy and Products Economic and Environmental Issues Related to Waste Conversion Future of the Waste Industry Mixed Feedstock Introduction Advantages and Disadvantages of Mixed Feedstock Transportation, Storage, and Pretreatment Gasification Technologies Liquefaction Technologies Summary Future of Mixed Feedstock.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420089554 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- The newest addition to the Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering series from CRC Press, Biofuels and Bioenergy: Processes and Technologies provides a succinct but in-depth introduction to methods of development and use of biofuels and bioenergy. The book illustrates their great appeal as tools for solving the economic and environmental challenges associated with achieving energy sustainability and independence through the use of clean, renewable alternative energy. Taking a process engineering approach rooted in the fuel and petrochemical fields, this book masterfully integrates coverage of current conventional processes and emerging techniques. Topics covered include: * Characterization and analysis of biofuels * Process economics * Chemistry of process conversion * Process engineering and design and associated environmental technologies * Energy balances and efficiencies * Reactor designs and process configurations * Energy materials and process equipment * Integration with other conventional fossil fuel processes * Byproduct utilization * Governmental regulations and policies and global trends After an overview of the subject, the book discusses crop oils, biodiesel, and algae fuels. It examines ethanol from corn and from lignocelluloses and then explores fast pyrolysis and gasification of biomass. Discussing the future of biofuel production, it also describes the conversion of waste to biofuels, bioproducts, and bioenergy and concludes with a discussion of mixed feedstock. Written for readers with college-level backgrounds in chemistry, biology, physics, and engineering, this reference explores the science and technology involved in developing biofuels and bioenergy. It addresses the application of these and other disciplines, covering key issues of special interest to fuel process engineers, fuel scientists, and energy technologists, among others.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781420089554 20160610
- Biomass energy.
- Publication date
- Green chemistry and chemical engineering
- 9781420089554 (hardback)
- 1420089552 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: