Drawing for product designers
- Kevin Henry.
- London : Laurence King, 2012.
- Physical description
- 208 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Portfolio skills. Product design.
Engineering Library (Terman)
|TS171.4 .H46 2012||At Terman Library circulation desk|
- Henry, Kevin.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 207) and index.
- Chapter 1: Understanding Sketching Chapter 2: The Psychology of Sketching Chapter 3: Defining Sketching Chapter 4: Orientation Chapter 5: Registration Chapter 6: Form Chapter 7: Line Chapter 8: Exploring forms in space Chapter 9: Explaining forms in space Chapter 10: Exploring forms in time Chapter 11: Putting it all together.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781856697439 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- With its tutorial-based approach, this is a practical guide to both hand - and computer-drawn design. Readers will learn to think three-dimensionally and build complex design ideas that are structurally sound and visually clear. The book also illustrates how these basic skills underpin the use of computer-aided design and graphic software. While these applications assist the designer in creating physical products, architectural spaces and virtual interfaces, a basic knowledge of sketching and drawing allows the designer to fully exploit the software. Foundational chapters show how these technical skills fit into a deeper and more intuitive feeling for visualisation and representation, while featured case studies of leading designers, artists and architects illustrate the full range of different drawing options available. Hundreds of hand-drawn sketches and computer models have been specially created to demonstrate critical geometry and show how to build on basic forms and exploit principles of perspective to develop sketches in to finished illustrations. There's also advice on establishing context, shading and realizing more complex forms.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781856697439 20160610
- Mechanical drawing > Study and teaching (Higher)
- Mechanical drawing > Technique.
- Freehand technical sketching > Computer-aided design.
- Drawing > Psychological aspects.
- Drawing > Philosophy.
- Rendering (Computer graphics)
- Visual texture recognition.
- Technical illustration.
- Industrial design > United States > 21st century.
- Product design > Case studies.
- Space and time > Design.
- Publication date
- Portfolio skills
- 9781856697439 (pbk.)
- 1856697436 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: