Administrative law of the European Union, its member states and the United States : a comparative analysis
- editor, René Seerden.
- 3rd ed.
- Cambridge, U.K. : Intersentia ; [Maastricht, The Netherlands] : METRO, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxiv, 392 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Ius commune europaeum 109.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3400 .A935 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Administrative law in France / Jean-Bernard Auby and Lucie Cluzel-Métayer
- Administrative law in Germany / Meinhard Schröder
- Administrative law in The Netherlands / René Seerden and Daniëlle Wenders
- Administrative law in the United Kingdom / Katharine Thompson and Brian Jones
- European administrative law / Rob Widdershoven
- Administrative law in the United States / Philip Harter
- Comparative remarks / René Seerden.
- Publisher's Summary
- This book offers a comparative introduction, by the editor and native authors, to the most important aspects of administrative law in various EU Member States (France, Germany, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom), at the level of the EU and in the United States of America. It aspires to contribute to the 'transboundary' understanding of different regimes related to actions and decisions of the administration. For the purpose of the use of this book in education, research and legal practice, the contributions to the book are all based on one and the same format, thus making it more accessible for its readers. The main items of the format, worked out in the introduction by the editor, are: 1. What is administrative law? 2. Who is administrating? 3. Which instruments are available for the administration? 4. Which (formal) rules/principles (written or unwritten) govern administrative actions? 5. Access to (administrative) courts against administrative actions/decisions. 6. Enforcement by the administration. 7. Financial liability of the administration for (un)lawful actions. 8. Recent and future developments and conclusions. The final chapter offers comparative remarks by the editor.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Ius commune europaeum ; 109
- 9781780681092 (pbk.)
- 1780681097 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: