Platte kaart van de geheele waereld om te dienen tot de Nederlandsche reizen
- [Amsterdam : Petrus Conradi, 1784].
- Physical description
- 1 map : hand col. ; 36.2 x 44.8 cm.
Also available at
At the library
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G3200  .P53||In-library use|
Item belongs to a collection
Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's., Images from the Glen McLaughlin Collection of California as an Island maps, a collection of nearly 750 maps obtained by Mr. McLaughlin over nearly 40 years. Included in the collection are hemisphere and world maps, celestial charts, title pages, globe gores and a medal. The dates range from 1622 to the mid-1800's.
- Digital collection
- 708 digital items
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:90,000,000] (W 180°--E 180°/N 90°--S 90°).
- California shown as labeled island with indented northern coast and place names.
- Relief shown pictorially.
- Includes the beginning of New Zealand's coastline. The Great Lakes are complete. To the west of the Great Lakes is the Moingona River which begins in the northwest with two large lakes. The routes of many explorers are traced. The northwest coast of North America shows a group of islands, the largest labeled Unamak Eil. Japan is shown attached to T Land van Yedzo.
- Includes four inset maps at top: north and south pole projections, and the western and eastern hemispheres. The north polar projection and western hemisphere maps show California as an island.
- Title cartouche at top center is a frame with a decorative portrait and flag arrangement above.
- Map a derivative of Mortier's map dated 1700 (McLaughlin map 1000) and similar to Wetstein's map of 1730 (McLaughlin map 1001).
- McLaughlin map number 1149.
- Related Work
- Conradi, Petrus. Nederlandsche Reizen.