Rotary wing structural dynamics and aeroelasticity [electronic resource]
- Richard L. Bielawa.
- Washington, DC : American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, c1992.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (xxi, 562 p.) : ill.
- AIAA education series.
- Bielawa, Richard L.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 547-556) and index.
- Introduction-- Basic Analytical Techniques-- Rotating Beams-- Gyroscopics-- Drive System Dynamics-- Fuselage Vibrations-- Methods for Vibration Control-- Vibration Test Procedures-- Stability Analysis Methods: Linear Systems-- Mechanical and Aeromechanical Instabilities of Rotors-- Mechanical and Aeromechanical Instabilities of Rotor-Pylon Systems-- Unsteady Aerodynamics and Flutter of Rotors-- Analysis of Nonlinear Systems-- Model Rotor Testing for Aeroelastic Stability]-- Appendices.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781563470318 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- Drawing on his extensive experience as a practicing engineer, designer, educator, and researcher in rotorcraft, the author presents a comprehensive account of the fundamental concepts of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity for conventional rotary wing aircraft, as well as for the newly emerging tilt-rotor and tilt-wing concepts. Intended for use in graduate-level courses and by practicing engineers, the volume covers all of the important topics needed for the complete understanding of rotorcraft structural dynamics and aeroelasticity, including basic analysis tools, rotating beams, gyroscopic phenomena, drive system dynamics, fuselage vibrations, methods for controlling vibrations, dynamic test procedures, stability analysis, mechanical and aeromechanical instabilities of rotors and rotor-pylon assemblies, unsteady aerodynamics and flutter of rotors, and model testing. The text is further enhanced by the inclusion of problems in each chapter.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781563470318 20160610
- Publication date
- AIAA education series
- Available in another form
- Print version: Bielawa, Richard L. Rotary wing structural dynamics and aeroelasticity. Washington, DC : American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, c1992 ( 1563470314 )
- 9781621981541 (electronic bk.)
- 1621981541 (electronic bk.)