Financial regulation in Africa : an assessment of financial integration arrangements in African emerging and frontier markets
- Iwa Salami.
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 228 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Markets and the law.
Law Library (Crown)
|KQC260 .S35 2012||Unknown|
- Salami, Iwa.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -222) and index.
- Foreword-- Preface-- Regional economic integration arrangements in Africa-- Legal and institutional regional challenges of economic integration in Africa-- Regional institutional requirements for financial integration-- Domestic institutional requirements for financial integration-- The future of financial integration and regulation in Africa-- Concluding remarks-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- In the wake of the global financial crisis, there has been a worldwide search for alternative investment opportunities, away from advanced markets. The African continent is now one of the fastest-growing economic regions in the world and represents a viable destination for foreign direct and portfolio investment. This book, which is the first comprehensive analysis of financial integration and regulation in Africa, fills a huge gap in the literature on financial regulation and would constitute an invaluable source of information to policy makers, investors, researchers and students of financial regulation from an emerging and frontier markets perspective. It considers how financial integration can facilitate African financial markets to achieve their full potential and provides a comparative study with the EU framework for financial integration and regulation. It assesses the implementation of effective and regional domestic infrastructures and how these can be adapted to suit the African context. The book also provides an assessment of government policies towards the integration of financial regulation in keeping with the regional agenda of the African Union (AU) and the African Economic Community (AEC).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Markets and the law
- 9780754679851 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 0754679853 (hardback : alk. paper)
- 9780754699569 (ebook)
- 0754699560 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: