What every principal needs to know to create equitable and excellent schools
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 230 p. : ill., music ; 23 cm.
LB2822.8 .W43 2012
- Unknown LB2822.8 .W43 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- School leaders who succeed at creating a high-achieving learning community must also be committed to creating an equitable environment for all students. In this new book, key scholars across the content areas show how to put into practice a commitment to equity and excellence across the Pre-K12 spectrum. Readers learn directly from experts in each of the content domains (literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, music, early childhood, special education, English language learners, world languages, and physical education) how a commitment to social justice and equity can be grounded in core subject areas, why each has a place in the school, and what they need to know and do in each subject area. This book is a critical instructional leadership resource for new and veteran principals who want to see all students succeed. Contributors: Antonio J. Castro, Julie Causton-Theoharis, Virginia Collier, Katherine Delaney, Catherine Ennis, Virginia Goatley, Beth Graue, Rochelle Gutirrez, Kathleen A. Hinchman, Anne Karabon, Christi Kasa, Dave McAlpine, Mitchell Robinson, Victor Sampson, Sherry A. Southerland, and Wayne Thomas.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by George Theoharis, Jeffrey S. Brooks.
- 9780807753545 (hbk.)
- 0807753548 (hbk.)
- 9780807753538 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 080775353X (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9780807753507 (hard cover : alk. paper)
- 0807753505 (hard cover : alk. paper)