Routledge handbook of international environmental law
- edited by Shawkat Alam ... [et al.].
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xxx, 821 p. ; 26 cm.
- Routledge handbooks.
Law Library (Crown)
|K3585 .R68 2013||Unknown|
- Alam, Shawkat.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 731-805) and index.
- The legal framework, theories and principles of international environmental law
- Implementing international environmental law
- Key issues and legal frameworks
- Regional environmental law
- Cross-cutting issues
- Contemporary and future challenges.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Routledge Handbook of International Environmental Law is an advanced level reference guide which provides a comprehensive and contemporary overview of the corpus of international environmental law (IEL). The Handbook features specially commissioned papers by leading experts in the field of international environmental law, drawn from a range of both developed and developing countries in order to put forward a truly global approach to the subject. Furthermore, it addresses emerging and cross-cutting issues of critical importance for the years ahead. The book is split into six parts for ease of reference: The Legal Framework, Theories and Principles of International Environmental Law - focuses on the origins, theory, principles and development of the discipline; Implementing International Environmental Law - addresses the implementation of IEL and the role of various actors and institutions, including corporations, intergovernmental organisations and NGOs; Key Issues and Legal Frameworks - brings fresh perspectives of the common general issues of international environmental law, such as biological diversity and marine environmental law; Regional Environmental Law - explores the specific regimes developed to address regional environmental issues, considering the evolution, prospects and relationship of regional law and mechanisms to IEL; Cross-Cutting Issues - considers the engagement of international environmental law with other key fields and legal regimes, including international trade, human rights and armed conflict; Contemporary and Future Challenges - analyses pressing current and emerging issues in the field including environmental refugees and climate change, REDD and deforestation, and 'treaty congestion' in IEL. This up-to-date and authoritative book makes it an essential reference work for students, scholars and practitioners working in the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415687171 20160609
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Handbook of international environmental law
- Routledge handbooks
- 9780415687171 (hardback)
- 0415687179 (hardback)
- 9780203093474 (e-book)
- 020309347X (e-book)
Browse related items
Start at call number: