Tomato diseases : identification, biology and control : a colour handbook
SB608 .T75 B63813 2012 F
- Unknown SB608 .T75 B63813 2012 F
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 669) and index.
- Contents Introduction: The Tomato - the plant and its culture Diagnosis of parasitic and non-parasitic diseases Folioles and leaves: Alteration and anomalies of growth & form-- problems of coloration-- spots and blots Root system: problems of form-- problems of color yellowing, browning, blackening, etc The Stem: External & Internal anomalies The Fruit: problems of form, colour, spots, blemishes, decay Principal characteristics of pathogens, control methods Fungi and visible organisms Bacteria Phytoplasms Viruses Nematodes Resistance to disease and predators Glossary Biblography Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Following the successful first edition, this revised and greatly expanded edition Tomato Diseases: Identification, Biology and Control is the definitive work on the diseases and disorders of the tomato. The tomato is the world's most widely produced vegetable. The number of diseases affecting the tomato is enormous: hundreds of bio-aggressors, more than 50 non-parasitic diseases, plus new and alarmingly frequent emerging diseases. Despite considerable progress to curb these diseases, they remain a constant threat to crops, often causing considerable damage. In such a context, the identification, detection, knowledge and control of these diseases-symptoms often can be very similar-are challenges that this book will help overcome. Containing more than 900 color photos, the book consists of two main parts. The first is designed as a diagnostic tool, allowing the reader to alternate between the observation of the diseased plant, environmental questions, and the prioritization of differential diagnoses. The second part comprises numerous information sheets detailing the characteristics of most tomato pathogens, geographic distribution, impact on production, types of symptoms, and life history of the plant. This section also describes the range of plant protection and disease resistance measures currently available. This unique volume is a comprehensive overview of the latest scientific knowledge on parasitic and non-parasitic tomato diseases worldwide. It will address the needs of tomato producers and keen gardeners, as well as those of researchers, teachers and their students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Dominique Blancard ; in collaboration with Henri Laterrot, Georges Marchoux and Thierry Candresse ; consultant editior (English ed.) John Fletcher ; translated from the French by Denise McGee.
- Title Variation
- At head of title: A colour handbook
- A colour handbook
- 9781840761566 (hbk.)
- 1840761563 (hbk.)
- 9781840766363 (ebook)
- 1840766360 (ebook)