Remembering Africa and its diasporas : memory, public history, and representations of the past
- edited by Audra A. Diptee & David V. Trotman.
- Trenton, NJ : Africa World Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- vi, 384 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Harriet Tubman series (Trenton, N.J.)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -365) and index.
- Ways of remembering: many Africas, many diasporas / Audra A. Diptee and David V. Trotman
- World history and the rainbow nation: educating values in the United States and South Africa / Trevor Getz
- "All ah we is not one": Afrocentric history in the pluralist nation of Trinidad & Tobago / Bridget Brereton
- The way things used tp be? William Tubman's rhetorical legacy in Liberia / David Mastey
- Imagining the past at Great Zimbabwe / Elizabeth MacGonagle
- Decolonizing historical consciousness : the production of historical knowledge in post-Apartheid South Africa / Racheal Hill
- Stories of Jongos: cultural heritage, hidden memories and public history in Brazil / Hebe Matos and Martha Abreu
- Emancipation day in Windsor, Ontario: celebration and contestation of the greatest freedom show on Earth, " 1931-1993 / Victoria Campbell
- The politics of race, space, and memory at San Francisco's Museum of the African Diaspora / Robyn Autry
- When "civil rights are not enough": the creation and work of the international Afro American Museum of Detroit / Andrea Burns
- 150 years later: remembering Africa in the museum / Anna Dempsey
- "Une fleur dans le fleuve": remembering the Rwandan genocide in Montréal, Québec / Steven High
- "Amadou Diallo, reggae music knows your name": popular music, historical memory, and Black identity in New York City in the wake of Amadou Diallo's murder / Jessica Krug
- "You show pictues of Uncle Tom, but you won't serve us": social activism and the commemoraton of black history in Ontario Canada / Tracey Warren.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Remembering Africa & its diasporas
- The Harriet Tubman series on the African diaspora
- 9781592218950 (hard cover)
- 1592218954 (hard cover)
- 9781592218967 (pbk.)
- 1592218962 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: