Kernel smoothing in MATLAB : theory and practice of kernel smoothing
- Ivanka Horová, Jan Koláček, Jiří Zelinka.
- Hackensack, N.J. : World Scientific, c2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 227 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Math & Statistics Library
|QA278 .H67 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 213-223) and index.
- Kernel and Their Properties-- Univariate Kernel Density Estimate-- Kernel Estimate of Distribution Function-- Kernel Estimate and Reliability Assessment-- Kernel Estimates of Hazard Function-- Kernel Regression-- Multivariate Kernel Density Estimate.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Methods of kernel estimates represent one of the most effective nonparametric smoothing techniques. These methods are simple to understand and they possess very good statistical properties. This book provides a concise and comprehensive overview of statistical theory and in addition, emphasis is given to the implementation of presented methods in Matlab. All created programs are included in a special toolbox which is an integral part of the book. This toolbox contains many Matlab scripts useful for kernel smoothing of density, cumulative distribution function, regression function, hazard function, indices of quality and bivariate density. Specifically, methods for choosing a choice of the optimal bandwidth and a special procedure for simultaneous choice of the bandwidth, the kernel and its order are implemented. The toolbox is divided into six parts according to the chapters of the book. All scripts are included in a user interface and it is easy to manipulate with this interface. Each chapter of the book contains a detailed help for the related part of the toolbox too. This book is intended for newcomers to the field of smoothing techniques and would also be appropriate for a wide audience: advanced graduate, PhD students and researchers from both the statistical science and interface disciplines.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9789814405485 (hbk.)
- 9814405485 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: