The global fourth way : the quest for educational excellence
- Andy Hargreaves, Dennis Shirley.
- Thousand Oaks : Corwin Press, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 233 p. : map ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.8 .H35 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Acknowledgments About the Authors 1. The Crisis of Educational Change 2. The Paradox of Innovation and Improvement 3. Finland: Professionalism, Participation, and Persistence 4. Singapore: Innovation, Communication, and Paradox With Pak Tee Ng 5. Alberta: Innovation With Improvement 6. Ontario: Inclusion, Interaction, and Local Diversity With Henry Braun 7. England: Inspiration, Responsiveness, and Sustainability 8. California: Professional Organizing for Public Good 9. Pointers for Practice: The Global Fourth Way in Action Endnotes Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412987868 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This book builds upon the authors' recently published The Fourth Way: The Inspiring Future for Educational Change by helping educators to focus on the nitty-gritty, boiler-room challenges of change leaders and the expected obstacles they must anticipate, engage, and overcome to enact Fourth Way strategies and values. It will be of interest to all educational leaders who seek to combine inspiring and visionary leadership with the practical skills and street-level political acumen to make the changes that have to happen to improve education today. This book will operationalize Fourth Way ideas so that readers can use these new examples, vignettes and strategies to implement their own action plans to achieve positive and sustainable reform. Success stories from around the globe will illustrate how small and large systems are now working with Fourth Way premises to promote learning and achievement.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412987868 20160609
- Publication date
- "A joint publication: Ontario Principals' Council, LearningForward."
- 9781412987868 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1412987865 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: