Biodiversity and climate change : reports and guidance developed under the Bern Convention
- Strasbourg : Council of Europe Pub. ; [Scarsdale, N.Y. : Distributed in the United States and Canada by Manhattan Pub. Co.], [2010-2012]
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- Nature and environment ; no. 156, 160.
Law Library (Crown)
Library has: v.2
|QH541 .B525 2010 V.2||Unknown|
- Council of Europe.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- v. 1. Climatic change and the conservation of European biodiversity : towards the development of adaptation strategies / Brian Huntley
- Climate change and the vulnerability of Bern Convention species and habitats / Pam Berry
- Climatic change and the conservation of migratory birds in Europe : identifying effects and conservation priorities / Miguel Ferrer, Ian Newton, Keith Bildstein
- Climate change impacts on European amphibians and reptiles / Klaus Henle, ... [et al.]
- Review of existing international and national guidance on adaptation to climate change : with a focus on biodiversity issues / Mike Harley
- A perspective on climate change and invasive alien species / Laura Capdevila-Argüelles, Bernardo Zilletti
- Appendix: Recommendation 135 (2008) of the Standing Committee, adopted on 27 November 2008, on addressing the impacts of climate change on biodiversity.
- v. 2. Introduction
- Protected areas and climate change in Europe / Miguel B. Araújo ; with contributions by Raquel García
- Impacts of climate change on European invertebrates, with reference to the vulnerability of Bern Convention species / Robert Wilson
- The impacts of climate change on plant species in Europe / Vernon Heywood ; with contributions by Alastair Culham
- Climate change and the biodiversity of European islands / Cordula Epple
- Climate change, wildland fires and biodiversity in Europe / José M. Moreno
- Impact of climate change on mountain biodiversity in Europe / Eva Spehn and Katrin Rudmann-Maurer
- Annexes: Recommendations of the Standing Committee of the Bern Convention.
- "The effects of climate change on ecosystems are complex. The impact on the species and habitats protected by the Bern Convention may differ widely, depending on the species, their habitats and location. This publication includes six expert reports presenting concrete measures for addressing the vulnerability of Europe's natural heritage in the face of climate change and its effects, and how this heritage must adapt in order to survive. This publication reproduces the full text of Recommendation 135 (2008) on addressing the impacts of climate change on biodiversity, adopted by the Standing Committee of the Bern Convention in November 2008, which stresses the urgent need to tackle the impact of climate change on biological diversity and on its conservation. With this publication, the Council of Europe aims to increase awareness about the links between biodiversity and climate, and emphasise the large potential for synergies when addressing biodiversity loss and climate change in an integrated manner."-- P.  of cover.
- Beginning date
- Ending date
- Nature and environment ; no. 156, 160
- "Convention on the Conservation of European Wildlife and Natural Habitats (Bern Convention)."
- 9789287166289 (v. 1)
- 9287166285 (v. 1)
- 9789287170590 (v. 2)
- 9287170592 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: