High resolution optical satellite imagery
- Ian Dowman, Karsten Jacobsen, Gottfried Konecny, Rainer Sandau.
- Dunbeath, Caithness, Scotland, UK : Whittles Publishing, 
- Copyright notice
- Physical description
- xviii, 230 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
Earth Sciences Library (Branner)
|G70.4 .D69 2012||Unknown|
- Dowman, Ian J., author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction History of Optical Sensors in Space Principles of High Resolution Optical Sensors Sensors of Greater than 1m up to 16m GSD Sensors of 1m GSD and Less Calibration, Sensor models and Orientation Processing and Products Conclusions and Future Developments.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This is a comprehensive guide to the characteristics and use of high resolution optical images from satellite-borne sensors, concentrating on sensors designed for mapping. It considers in detail the SPOT series of satellites and sensors with a ground sample distance (GSD) of less than 15m, operational since SPOT 1 and particularly the commercial sensors launched since 1999 with GSD of less than 1m. The book explains the way in which high resolution imagery is obtained and the issues which surround its collection and use. It deals progressively with the fundamentals of mapping from imagery, followed by the key features in the design of sensors and methods of data storage and transmission, including data compression. Subsequent chapters cover the sensors, calibration, sensor models and the methods of determining the orientation elements and extracting coordinates from the images. Rigorous orientation, use of rational polynomial coefficients (RPCs) and approximate methods are covered. Results from tests showing the accuracy which can be obtained, generation of digital elevations models, their accuracy and the production of orthoimages are included, as are image processing and data fusion. Finally, future missions and the issues which face further development are discussed. High Resolution Optical Satellite Imagery is written by a team of acknowledged international experts and is the only comprehensive text on the subject.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781439894446 (hbk. : cover)
- 1439894442 (hbk. : cover)
- 9781849950466 (hbk.)
- 1849950466 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: