The gender trap : parents and the pitfalls of raising boys and girls
- Emily W. Kane.
- New York : New York University, c2012.
- Physical description
- x, 287 p. : ill. ; cm.
- Kane, Emily W.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-269) and index.
- Introduction: "glamour babies" and "little toughies"
- Wanting a girl, wanting a boy : conceptual building blocks
- It's in their nature : naturalizers
- I think a lot of it is us, parents, and society : cultivators
- We try not to encourage it, but I know it gets in there : refiners
- You applaud all the other stuff : innovators
- Surviving in a gendered culture : resisters
- Conclusion: a better world : dismantling the gender trap
- Appendix: research methods
- Publication date
- 9780814748824 (cl : alk. paper)
- 0814748821 (cl : alk. paper)
- 9780814737835 (pb : alk. paper)
- 0814737838 (pb : alk. paper)
- 9780814738788 (ebook)
- 0814738788 (ebook)
- 9780814771440 (ebook)
- 0814771440 (ebook)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: