q-Fractional calculus and equations
- Mahmoud H. Annaby, Zeinab S. Mansour.
- Heidelberg ; New York : Springer Verlag, c2012.
- Physical description
- xix, 318 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Lecture notes in mathematics (Springer-Verlag) 2056.
Science Library (Li and Ma)
|Shelved by Series title V.2056||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 303-314) and indexes.
- 1 Preliminaries.- 2 q-Difference Equations.- 3 q-Sturm Liouville Problems.- 4 Riemann-Liouville q-Fractional Calculi.- 5 Other q-Fractional Calculi.- 6 Fractional q-Leibniz Rule and Applications.- 7 q-Mittag-Leffler Functions.- 8 Fractional q-Difference Equations.- 9 Applications of q-Integral Transforms.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642308970 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This nine-chapter monograph introduces a rigorous investigation of q-difference operators in standard and fractional settings. It starts with elementary calculus of q-differences and integration of Jackson's type before turning to q-difference equations. The existence and uniqueness theorems are derived using successive approximations, leading to systems of equations with retarded arguments. Regular q-Sturm-Liouville theory is also introduced; Green's function is constructed and the eigenfunction expansion theorem is given. The monograph also discusses some integral equations of Volterra and Abel type, as introductory material for the study of fractional q-calculi. Hence fractional q-calculi of the types Riemann-Liouville; Grunwald-Letnikov; Caputo; Erdelyi-Kober and Weyl are defined analytically. Fractional q-Leibniz rules with applications in q-series are also obtained with rigorous proofs of the formal results of Al-Salam-Verma, which remained unproved for decades. In working towards the investigation of q-fractional difference equations; families of q-Mittag-Leffler functions are defined and their properties are investigated, especially the q-Mellin-Barnes integral and Hankel contour integral representation of the q-Mittag-Leffler functions under consideration, the distribution, asymptotic and reality of their zeros, establishing q-counterparts of Wiman's results. Fractional q-difference equations are studied; existence and uniqueness theorems are given and classes of Cauchy-type problems are completely solved in terms of families of q-Mittag-Leffler functions. Among many q-analogs of classical results and concepts, q-Laplace, q-Mellin and q2-Fourier transforms are studied and their applications are investigated.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783642308970 20160609
- Fractional calculus.
- Publication date
- Lecture notes in mathematics ; 2056
Browse related items
Start at call number: