The international encyclopedia of media studies
- general editor, Angharad N. Valdivia.
- Chichester, West Sussex ; Malden, MA : Wiley-Blackwell, 2013.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Find it Information Center
Library has: v.1-
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.1||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.2||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.3||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.4||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.5||In-library use|
|P87.5 .I585 2013 V.6||In-library use|
- Valdivia, Angharad N.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Volume I: Media History and the Foundations of Media Studies: John Nerone PART 1: Approaches PART 2: Moments PART 3: Foundations Volume II: Media Production: Vicki Mayer PART 1: Production Regimes and Infrastructures PART 2: The Cultural Industries and the Organization of Production PART 3: Product and Content Flows PART 4: Production Work and Practices PART 5: Production Cultures PART 6: The Ethics of Production Volume III: Content and Representation: Sharon R. Mazzarella PART 1: Persuasion and Information PART 2: Entertainment PART 3: Interaction and Performance Volume IV: Audience and Interpretation: Radhika Parameswaran PART 1: Expanding the Horizons of Audience Studies PART 2: Practicing Reflexivity in and out of the Field PART 3: Finding and Engaging Global Audiences PART 4: Comprehending Online Audiences PART 5: Empowering Audiences as Citizens Volume V: Media Effects/Media Psychology: Erica Scharrer PART 1: Theories and Processes/Processing PART 2: Evidence of Effects PART 3: The Young Audience Volume VI: Media Studies Futures: Kelly Gates PART 1: The Future Of Media Studies: Theory, Methods, Pedagogy PART 2: Social and Mobile Media Futures PART 3: Industry Futures PART 4: Journalism and Media Policy Futures PART 5: Interactivity, Affect, and the Future of Media Subjectivities PART 6: Whose Future? Children, Youth Cultures, and Digital Media PART 7: What Future? Or, The Unsustainable Present.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405193566 20160615
- Publisher's Summary
- The International Encyclopedia of Media Studies brings together over 175 critical essays to redraw the boundaries of this rapidly evolving and dynamically complex area. Global in scope, wide-ranging in its inclusion of topics, and edited by an international team of the world's best scholars, this is the definitive resource for the field. Includes more than 175 essays written by over 200 leading and emerging scholars from across the globe Arranged across 6 thematic volumes edited by an international team of expert scholars Accessible volume introductions provide overviews of key themes The most definitive resource available in this complex, heterogeneous, multi-methodological and multi-theoretical interdisciplinary field Explores media as it is being practiced, produced, and analyzed in Asia, Africa, the Americas, Australia, and Europe All volumes pay close attention to issues of gender and ethnicity so necessary to understanding contemporary media Probes the many dimensions of the subject: history, production, content, audiences, effects, and futures.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781405193566 20160615
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of media studies
- Media studies
- Included Work
- Media history and the foundations of media studies.
- Media production.
- Content and representation.
- Audience and interpretation.
- Media effects/media psychology.
- Media studies futures.
- 9781405193566 (set : hardback : alk. paper)
- 1405193565 (set : hardback : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: