How to work a room : your essential guide to savvy socializing
- Susan RoAne.
- Rev. ed., 1st Collins ed.
- New York : Collins, c2007.
- Physical description
- xxxv, 298 p. : ill ; 21 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|HF5387 .R617 2007||Unknown|
- RoAne, Susan, 1948-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -286) and index.
- The five roadblocks : Mother's dire warnings
- The remedies : removing the roadblocks
- Benefits : the bonuses of being there
- The dynamic duo : charm and chutzpah
- How to work the "virtual" room
- Mr. (or Ms.) Sleaze works a room : or how not to do it
- Don't shy away from this chapter
- Eight steps to perfectly plan your presence
- Seven strategies : from jump-start to smooth stop
- Working the words : seven keys to lively conversation
- How to work an audience
- Working the rules of etiquette : good manners equal good business
- Working the cocktail party with pleasure, purpose, and panache
- Working the reunion : reeling in reality
- Working the trade show or convention : the trade-offs
- How to work the "techno-toy" room
- How to work the diverse room
- Working the world : trains and boats and planes.
- How to Work a Room provides the tools and techniques for savvy socializing in all situations, whether at a meeting, a party, a conference, or even online. Susan RoAne provides practical remedies for the roadblocks that prevent us from meeting new people, developing new contacts, and establishing connections that build personal and professional relationships.
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: