- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : SAGE, c2012.
- Physical description
- xxvii, 404 p. ; 24 cm.
LB2825 .S33595 2012
- Unknown LB2825 .S33595 2012
- Thro, William E.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- Education of America, s school children always has been and always will be a hot-button issue. From what should be taught to how to pay for education to how to keep kids safe in schools, impassioned debates emerge and mushroom, both within the scholarly community and among the general public. This volume in the pointunterpoint Debating Issues in American Education reference series tackles the topic of school finance. Fifteen to twenty chapters explore such varied issues as additional fees, charger schools, equity vs. adequacy, federal mandates and funding, merit pay for teachers, property taxes and local revenues, and more. Each chapter opens with an introductory essay by the volume editor, followed by pointunterpoint articles written and signed by invited experts, and concludes with Further Readings and Resources, thus providing readers with views on multiple sides of financial issues with America's schools and pointing them toward more in-depth resources for further exploration.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- volume editor, William E. Thro.
- Debating Issues in American Education ; v. 6
- A Sage reference publication
- 9781412987578 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1412987571 (cloth : alk. paper)