The modern law of evidence
- 9th ed. / Adrian Keane, Paul McKeown.
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- lxv, 689 p. ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
Locked stacks: Ask at circulation desk
|KD7499 .K43 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Preliminaries -- 3. Evidence obtained by illegal or unfair means -- 4. The burden and standard of proof -- 5. Witnesses -- 6. Examination-in-Chief -- 7. Cross-examination and re-examination -- 8. Corroboration and care warnings -- 9. Documentary and real evidence -- 10. Hearsay in criminal cases -- 11. Hearsay admissable by statute in civil proceedings -- 12. Hearsay admissable at common law -- 13. Confessions -- 14. Statutory inferences from an accused's silence or conduct -- 15. Evidence of character: evidence of character in civil cases -- 16. Evidence of character: evidence of the good character of the accused -- 17. Evidence of character: evidence of bad character in criminal cases -- 18. Opinion evidence -- 19. Public policy -- 20. Privilege -- 21. Judgments as evidence of the facts upon which they were based -- 22. Proof of facts without evidence.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199698325 20160610
- Publisher's Summary
- The Modern Law of Evidence is well established and relied upon as a lucid, engaging and authoritative guide to the contemporary law of evidence. This textbook provides concise analysis of the theory behind the law, with an emphasis on recent discussion and current topics. The ninth edition has been carefully developed and updated to ensure that it remains a thorough and reliable resource for readers. This book is an ideal text for undergraduates and students studying on the BPTC or LPC. It has been cited with approval by the highest appellate courts, not only the House of Lords and the Privy Council, but also by courts around the world, including the Supreme Court of Canada and the United Nations War Crimes Tribunal in Rwanda, thus cementing its reputation as an excellent resource for practitioners and judges. Online Resource Centre This book is accompanied by an Online Resource Centre, which contains regular updates to the text and a helpful list of weblinks.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780199698325 20160610
- Publication date
- 9780199698325 (pbk.)
- 0199698325 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: