Early education in a global context
- edited by John Sutterby.
- 1st ed.
- United Kingdom ; North America : Emerald, 2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 219 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Advances in early education and day care ; v. 16.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.23 .E2755 2012||Unknown|
- Sutterby, John A., 1966-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- This volume of "Advances in Early Education and Day Care" examines early education from perspectives around the globe. The eight chapters come from a variety of locations including China, Israel, Sweden, Italy, Greece, Zambia, The United States and Canada. These chapters discuss professional development in several contexts, children's understandings and programs for children. This volume should give the reader an idea of the range of work that is being done around the globe. The unique feature of this volume is that it brings together insider perspectives on early education in different contexts. Each author/s has discussed what is going on in their own context. The Reggio Emilia educational program from Northern Italy has over the last 3 decades had a global impact on early education. This volume seeks to add to the knowledge brought from other diverse sources. The target audience for this book are educational researchers and program developers who are seeking information about international programs.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781781900741 20160609
- Publication date
- Advances in early education and day care ; v. 16
- 9781781900741 (hbk.)
- 1781900744 (hbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: