Pluralism and development : studies in access to property in Africa
- editors, Hanri Mostert and Thomas Bennett.
- Claremont [Cape Town] : Juta, 2011.
- Physical description
- vi, 333 p. ; 23 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|KQC201 .A6 P58 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Access to property in Africa : an introductory survey / Thomas Bennett & Hanri Mostert
- Absolute ownership and legal pluralism in Roman law : two arguments / Helen Scott
- Legal pluralism in Africa : the implications of state recognition of customary laws illustrated from the field of land law / Gordon Woodman
- Legal pluralism and access to land in Nigeria / Enyinna Nwauche
- The changing dynamics of customary land tenure : women's access to and control over land in Botswana / Anne Griffiths
- Taking the gap : "living law land grabbing" in the context of customary succession laws in Southern Africa / Chuma Himonga
- Securing women's property inheritance in the context of plurality : negotiations of law and authority in Mbunzini customary courts and beyond / Sindiso Mnisi Weeks
- Contested power and apartheid tribal boundaries : the implications of "living customary law" for indigenous accountability mechanisms / Aninka Claasens
- Lost in translation : family title in Fingo Village, Grahamstown, Eastern Cape / Rosalie Kingwill
- Land information as a tool for effective land administration and development / Gerrit Pienaar
- Legal pluralism : the investor's view / Johann Schiller
- Promises of future performance and informal-sector transfers of personal property : the example of anglophone Cameroon / Claire Moore Dickerson
- Indigenous-law land rights : constitutional imperatives and proprietary paradoxes / Anne Pope.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Pluralism & development
- Studies in access to property in Africa
- "First published as Acta Juridica 2011."
- "Pluralism and development: studies in access to property in Africa, comprises a collection of papers presented at a conference held at the University of Cape Town in 2010"--P.  of cover.
- Related Work
- Acta juridica (Cape Town, South Africa)
Browse related items
Start at call number: