Transparent teaching of adolescents : defining the ideal class for students and teachers
- Mindy Keller ; written in conversation with Stacey Bruton [and 5 others].
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, ©2012.
- Physical description
- xi, 210 pages ; 23 cm
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1737 .A3 K45 2012||Unknown|
- Keller-Kyriakides, Mindy, 1966- author.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- List of Figures Preface Acknowledgments Chapter 1 Understanding and Visualizing the Ideal Class Chapter 2 Who are You, Anyway? Chapter 3 How You Convey Persona Chapter 4 Your Classroom Management Begins Now Chapter 5 Making Thematic Lemonade from Cloned Lemons Chapter 6 Birds, Bees, Procedures, and Discipline Chapter 7 In the Eye of the Pre-Service Storm Chapter 8 Judgment Day Chapter 9 The First Week Chapter 10 Learning v. Teaching Chapter 11 Sticking to Your Rule and Procedures Chapter 12 A Class of Thinkers: Socrates in Action Chapter 13 Creating and Using Teacher Evaluations Chapter 14 We are Such Stuff as Grades are Made on Chapter 15 Final Approach and Landing Chapter 16 Teacher Triage and Final Thoughts Notes Bibliography About the Authors Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Transparent Teaching of Adolescents is a philosophy, method, and timely application of strategies that span the school year. A collaborative effort from all over the globe, the dialogue between this teacher and her former students presents both the wholeness of teaching and a model of how to build rapport, engage high school students in their experience, and enrich learning at the secondary level of education.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610489140 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1610489144 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781610489157 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610489152 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610489164 (electronic)
Browse related items
Start at call number: