The Sudanese Communist Party : ideology and party politics
- Tareq Y. Ismael.
- 1st ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xiii, 269 p. ; 25 cm.
- Durham modern Middle East and Islamic world series ; 24.
- Ismael, Tareq Y.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Emergence and Rise of the Party 2. The Party and Sudanese Politics after Independence 3. The Party and the Nimiri Regime 4. The SCP in Post-Nimiri Sudan 5. The Party and Al-Bashir Regime 6. Crisis in the Party 7. Renewal of the Party 8. Party Positions on Regional and Local Issues 9. The Legacy of the Sudanese Communist Party.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415505574 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- This book serves as a case study of the Sudanese Communist Party and its impact as a grassroots movement that championed the Sudanese people. It accomplishes this by providing a rich narrative that details the SCP's inception, main players, important milestones and values of the Party. In this narrative, the author not only delivers a comprehensive examination of the party components, he guides readers through their connections to one another, but also associates them, and the party, to Sudanese society at large. Using original party documents and interviews with leading figures, this book is the first time this subject has been detailed so extensively in one publication. It is also the only up-to-date work available on the subject and includes analysis of the most recent party congress and the division of the Sudan and creation of the newly independent Republic of South Sudan.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780415505574 20160609
- Publication date
- Durham modern Middle East and Islamic world series ; 
- 9780415505574 (hbk.)
- 0415505577 (hbk.)
- 9780203122082 (ebk.)
- 0203122089 (ebk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: