Meaningful conversations : the way to comprehensive and transformative school improvement
- Angela Webster-Smith, Shelly Albritton, Patricia Kohler-Evans.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 239 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .W374 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Preface Introduction 1.Leadership 2.Organizational Structure and Resources 3.School Culture 4.Family and Community Support 5.Curriculum 6.Instruction 7.Assessment 8.Professional Growth and the Continuous Improvement Cycle 9.Conclusions and Effective Planning About the Authors.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Imagine a school in which gathering around the table to have meaningful conversations is commonplace and unencumbered by roles and positions. Such discourse is not only meaningful, but also significant, purposeful, valuable, filled with intention, and result oriented. There is a spirit of trust that affords an interchange of thoughts and ideas that promote dialogue and heart-to-heart communication. Meaningful Conversations invites readers who earnestly desire high achievement for all students in all American schools to the table for a nine-course meal of food for thought that, altogether, satisfies educators' hunger for comprehensive and transformative school improvement. Addressing critical issues in contemporary schools-including leadership, school culture, curriculum, and assessment-this book offers conversation pieces that describe success standards for schools and conversation points that specifically address the unique responsibilities of district leaders, administrators, and teachers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610484398 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484398 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484404 (ebook)
- 1610484401 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: