Integrating writing strategies in EFL/ESL university contexts : a writing-across-the-curriculum approach
- Craig, Jennifer Lynn.
- New York ; London : Routledge, 2013.
- Physical description
- xv, 187 p. ; 23 cm.
PE1128 .A2 C6945 2013
- Unknown PE1128 .A2 C6945 2013
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -180) and index.
- Preface 1. Introduction I. What is Writing across the Curriculum? 2. What is Writing across the Curriculum (WAC)? 3. Writing to Learn 4. Learning to Write and Learning to Write in the Disciplines? II. Writing across the Curriculum in the EFL/ESL classroom 5. Teaching students to make high quality oral presentations 6. Teaching students to create and to use informative visuals 7. Teaching students to work in small groups 8. Designing and assessing writing and oral presentation assignments 9. Using drafts and writing conferences to support student writing 10. Using Writing in Large Classes to Build Communication Skills and Improve Learning 11. Choosing Digital Technologies to Support Student Writing and Oral Presentation 12. Addressing Error in L2 Writing III. Supporting EFL/ESL Writing in Colleges and Universities 13. Developing and Using Resources to Support Student Writing 14. Collaborating with Disciplinary Faculty IV. Building Bridges Between Writing Across the Curriculum and EFL/ESL 15. Professional Development and Teacher-Based Research Conclusion.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Clearly explaining writing-across-the-curriculum (WAC) pedagogy for English language teachers in university settings, this book offers an accessible guide to integrating writing and speaking tasks across the curriculum and in disciplinary courses. Teachers will find this book useful because its direct, practical advice can be easily incorporated in their classrooms to help their students develop advanced disciplinary English skills in writing, oral presentation, and graphical presentation. Enhancing its usefulness and relevance, each chapter includes coverage of the use of technology for teaching and learning; ways in which teachers can effectively and efficiently assess writing and speaking; and vignettes or examples to Illustrate writing strategies or assignments in different contexts. Pulling together the key features of writing-across-the-curriculum in one volume this book, is an efficient resource for busy EFL/ESL teachers worldwide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Jennifer Lynn Craig.
- 9780415896702 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415896703 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780415896719 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0415896711 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780203805688 (ebk.)
- 0203805682 (ebk.)