Research-based approaches for assessment
- John Wills Lloyd ... [et al.].
- Boston : Pearson, c2013.
- Physical description
- viii, 144 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.75 .R465 2013||Unknown|
- Lloyd, John, Ph. D.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- * Introduction to Research-based Practices in Special Education (Bryan G. Cook, & Melody Tankersley)* School-wide Prevention of Academic and Behavioral Difficulties (Matthew Burns & Sara Scholin)* Data-Based Decision-Making in Academics Using Curriculum-Based Measurement (Erica Lembke, David Hampton, & Elise Hendricker)* Parental Participation in Assessment and IEP Development (Katharine G. Shepherd, Michael F. Giangreco, & Bryan G. Cook) * Best Practices in Assessment for Eligibility-Identification (Berttram Chiang, Suzanne Russ, & Stacey Skoning)* Individualized Education Plans: Legal Requirements and Research Findings (Christine A. Christle & Mitchell L. Yell)* Using Assessments to Determine the Least Restrictive Environment for Students with Disabilities (Rick Brigham & Jean Crockett)* Curriculum-based Assessment (John Venn)* Accommodations and Modifications for Assessment (Martha Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus, & Laurene Christensen).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Research-Based Strategies for Assessment, 1e is an authoritative collection of the best approaches known to work for students with disabilities.A volume unlike any other, it helps practitioners, teacher-educators, and policymakers combat the gap between research and practice by gathering the most meaningful findings regarding assessment in a single source. Written by leading authorities, chapters offer a consistent format that includes the approach, theoretical underpinnings, description, fidelity checklist, and research-based summaries. Sections discuss the processes of assessment that special educators encounter when they work in general education settings, with parents, on eligibility decisions, and on high-stakes testing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Educational evaluation.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: