Research handbook on international financial regulation
- edited by Kern Alexander and Rahul Dhumale.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, c2012.
- Physical description
- ix, 458 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
Law Library (Crown)
|K1066 .R47 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The nature of modern credit markets, banking and financial innovation / Kern Alexander, John Eatwell, and Avinash Persaud
- The shadow banking system as a new source of financial turmoil / Tom Burns
- Ethical failures in regulating and supervising the pursuit of safety net subsidies / Edward J. Kane
- The determinants of capital held by UK banks and building societies and the role of individual capital requirements / Isaac Alfon, Isabel Argimon, and Patricia Bascuñana-Ambrós
- Considerations on developing and validating expected loss (EL) methodologies / Gianluca Riccio
- The Basel capital rules and trade finance / Andrew Cornford
- Some rules for cross-border banks in Europe / David G. Mayes
- Transatlantic convergence of financial regulation : a European perspective / Klaus R. Ilmonen
- The new course of EU state aid rules during the 2007-09 financial crisis / Costanza A. Russo
- Globalisation and the regulation of FDI : recent proposals / Ajit Singh
- Central counterparties and derivatives / Chryssa Papathanassiou
- The European regulation of central counterparties : some international challenges / Kern Alexander
- Lessons from Japan's banking crisis, 1991 to 2005 / Mariko Fujii and Masahiro Kawai
- Determinants of financial supervision regimes : markets, institutions, politics, law or geography? / Donato Masciandaro
- Liquidity illusions in the global financial architecture / Anastasia Nesvetailova
- Governance in international financial institutions : the case of the IMF / Xenia Roduner
- Foreign IPOs : the experience of Israeli firms / Iftekhar Hasan and Maya Waisman
- International regulatory reform and financial taxes / Kern Alexander and John Eatwell
- Goodbye neo-liberalism? : Contested policy responses to uncertain consequences of the 2007-09 financial crisis / Dieter Pesendorfer
- Summing up and the challenges ahead / Kern Alexander.
- Publisher's Summary
- The globalisation of financial markets has attracted much academic and policymaking commentary in recent years, especially with the growing number of banking and financial crises and the current credit crisis that has threatened the stability of the global financial system. This major new Research Handbook sets out to address some of the fundamental issues in financial regulation from a comparative and international perspective and to identify some of the main research themes and approaches that combine economic, legal and institutional analysis of financial markets. Specially commissioned contributions represent diverse viewpoints on the financial regulation debate and cover a number of new and controversial topics not yet adequately addressed in the literature. Specifically, these include; financial innovation - particularly in the context of the credit risk transfer market, securitization and the systemic importance of the over-the-counter trading markets; the institutional structure of international financial regulation; and risk management and corporate governance of financial institutions. This Handbook will provide a unique and fully up-to-date resource for all those with an interest in this critical issue - including academic researchers in finance and regulation, practitioners working in the industry and those involved with regulation and policy.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781845422707 20160609
- Publication date
- 9781845422707 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1845422708 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: