Educational leadership : together creating ethical learning environments
- Patrick Duignan.
- 2nd ed.
- Cambridge ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- Physical description
- xiii, 237 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2806 .D84 2012||Unknown|
- Duignan, P. A.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 217-232) and index.
- 1. The changing and challenging context for educational leaders-- 2. Key macro challenges for educational leaders-- 3. Key micro challenges for educational leaders-- 4. Leadership challenges as tensions-- 5. A framework for analysing ethical tensions-- 6. Vision-Inspired leadership and ethical decision-making-- 7. Building a collective ethic of responsibility for leadership in schools-- 8. Authentic leaders use the power of presence, authentic relationships, and influence fields-- 9. Authentic leaders help create Innovating, deep, rich learning environments-- 10. Forming capable and authentic leaders: transformational learning approaches.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107637894 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- The second edition of Educational Leadership: Together Creating Ethical Learning Environments is a groundbreaking work at the forefront of current research into the ethical challenges inherent to leadership. Patrick Duignan combines a new perspective of leadership as an influence relationship, with a collective ethic of responsibility. Educational Leadership draws together cutting-edge research, theory and best practice on learning, teaching and leadership to assist leaders and teachers to better understand contemporary educational challenges and respond to them wisely, creatively and effectively. This book is indispensable for all system and educational professionals engaged in policy-making, leadership development, leading learning in schools and those in academe responsible for programs aimed at the improvement of learning, teaching and leadership.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781107637894 20160609
- Educational leadership.
- Publication date
- "Forward by Michael Fullan"--Cover.
- Previous ed.: 2006.
- 9781107637894 (pbk.)
- 1107637899 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: