The hard truth : problems and issues in urban school reform
- Sean B. Yisrael.
- Lanham, Maryland : Rowman & Littlefield Education, , ©2012.
- Physical description
- xii, 91 pages ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC5131 .Y58 2012||Unknown|
- Yisrael, Sean B.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 89-90).
- Acknowledgements Preface Introduction Chapter One: The Leadership Void in Today's Urban Schools *Courageous Leadership Chapter Two: Conflict and Friction *The Process for Resolving Conflicts Chapter Three: Individual Entrapments Chapter Four: Learn the School's Culture (Before Trying to Improve It) *Gathering Information Chapter Five: Irate Parents *Parental Engagement Chapter Six: Troublemakers on the Staff *Diehard Reform Antagonist *The Process *Applying Progressive Discipline Chapter Seven: Stagnation and Inefficiency *Disrupt Their Routines *Give Deadlines for Completing Tasks Chapter Eight: Disruptive Students *The Process *Create a School-Wide Discipline Plan Chapter Nine: Academic Instruction *Hiring the "Right" Teachers *Provide Teachers with Adequate Support Chapter Ten: Standardized Testing *Learn All the Parameters of the Test *Create Two Testing Cohorts *Align the Standards *Schedule a Pre-test Date *Hire a Testing Coordinator *Establish a Before- or After-School Tutoring Program *The Principal's Actions Chapter Eleven: Central Office Staff Chapter Twelve: The School's Budget Chapter Thirteen: Social Media Chapter Fourteen: Practice Self-Reflection *Reflect on Past Events *Be Honest with Yourself.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475800043 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- The Hard Truth is a book written for principals and school administrators who want to implement effective change. The topics of the book candidly discuss the problems, people, and issues that get in the way of true school reform; and what building level principals can personally do attain the best possible outcomes.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781475800043 20160609
- Publication date
- Copyright date
- 9781475800036 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1475800037 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781475800043 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1475800045 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781475800050 (ebook)
Browse related items
Start at call number: