Intersections of children's health, education, and welfare
- Bruce S. Cooper and Janet D. Mulvey.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2012.
- Physical description
- x, 191 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Education policy (Palgrave Macmillan (Firm))
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4091 .C655 2012||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- PART I: INTRODUCING THE PROBLEMS Connecting Health and Education: Improving the Lives of All Children Serving Dropouts: Who Are They and What Can Be Done? PART II: UNDERSTANDING THE DISCONNECTIONS Higher Education Is Not for Everyone Connecting & Comparing Education with Health Service Connecting Good Healthcare to Educational Attainment Education Relates to Income and Life-Chances Adult Education Everywhere for Everyone Health Education Centers: Teaching for Wellness Health, Education, and the Community PART III: RECONNECTING HEALTH, EDUCATION & WELFARE FOR THE COMMON GOOD Connecting Early Childcare, Health, and School Preparation Can 'Separate But Equal' Schools Work? Intersecting Health, Education and Well-Being: The Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230340145 20160609
- Publisher's Summary
- Children need more than just good schooling: they require safe lives, good health, and sufficient resources to live and grow successfully in their community. This book makes this vital connection, as society must promote a quality education, available health services, and financial equity and opportunity for all.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230340145 20160609
- Publication date
- Education policy
- 9780230340145 (hardback)
- 0230340148 (hardback)
Browse related items
Start at call number: