The collector's world of inkwells
- Jean & Frank Hunting.
- Atglen, PA : Schiffer Pub., c2000.
- Physical description
- 288 p. : col. ill. ; 29 cm.
- Schiffer book for collectors.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. ) and index.
- History of the Society of Inkwell Collectors
- Price guide
- Pounce pots & sand castors
- Quills & pens
- Inkwells & inkstands
- travelers or pocket inkwells
- U.S. design patents & their time frames
- U.S. invention patents & their times frames
- A gallery of inkwells. Traveler's inkwells.
Packed with over 1,000 photographs of inkwells and inkstands, circa 1750 to 1920, by makers in the United States, Europe, and Asia, including Tiffany, Wedgwood, Quimper, Staffordshire, Sandwich and Vaseline glass, majolica, art pottery, fai**ence, milk glass, and Delft. Examples made from porcelain, sterling silver, pewter, cast iron, brass, wood, and other natural materials, and some adorned with precious and semi-precious stones are featured as well, along with combination pieces appealing to collectors of paperweights, candle holders, and desk accessories. With detailed descriptions, a historical perspective, tables on United States patents and designs, an up-to-date price guide, and an index, this book is a necessary source of information for collectors and dealers of writing instruments.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Schiffer book for collectors
- "With price guide"--Cover.
Browse related items
Start at call number: