The Parliament rolls of medieval England 1275-1504
- general editor Chris Given-Wilson.
- English, English, Middle (1100-1500), Latin. Texts in Latin, Anglo-Norman or Middle English with modern English translations ; introduction and notes in modern English.
- Woodbridge : Boydell Press ; London : National Archives, 2005.
- Physical description
- 16 v. ; 30 cm. + 1 CD-ROM.
At the library
Find it Stacks
Library has: v.1-
16 + 1 CD- ROM
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.1||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.2||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.3||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.4||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.5||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.6||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.7||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.8||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.9||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.10||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.11||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.12||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.13||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.14||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.15||Unknown|
|KD68 .P37 2005 F V.16||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- 1. Edward I, 1275-1294
- 2. Edward I, 1294-1307
- 3. Edward II, 1307-1327
- 4. Edward III, 1327-1348
- 5. Edward III, 1351-1377
- 6. Richard II, 1377-1384
- 7. Richard II, 1385-1397
- 8. Henry IV, 1399-1413
- 9. Henry V, 1413-1422
- 10. Henry VI, 1422-1431
- 11. Henry VI, 1432-1445
- 12. Henry VI, 1447-1460
- 13. Edward IV, 1461-1470
- 14. Edward IV, 1472-1483
- 15. Richard III, 1484-1485. Henry VII, 1485-1487
- 16. Henry VII, 1489-1504.
The rolls of parliament were the official records of the meetings of the English parliament from the reign of Edward I (1272-1307) until the reign of Henry VII (1485-1509), after which they were superseded by the journals of the lords, and, somewhat later, the commons. The rolls were first edited in the eighteenth century and published in 1767 in six folio volumes entitled Rotuli Parliamentorum, under the general editorship of the Reverend John Strachey. This new edition reproduces the rolls in their entirety, together with a few individual items published since 1783, as well as a substantial amount of material never previously published; it is complemented by a full translation of all the texts from the three languages used by the medieval clerks (Latin, Anglo-Norman and Middle English). It also includes an introduction to every parliament known to have been held by an English king (or in his name) between 1275 and 1504, whether or not the roll for that parliament survives. Where appropriate, appendices of supplementary material are also provided, and there is a General Introduction to the rolls. Sets include a copy of a CDROM for quick reference and index purposes.B R>Contributors to the set are as follows: PAUL BRAND (1275-1307), SEYMOUR PHILLIPS (1307-1337), MARK ORMROD (1337-1377), GEOFFREY MARTIN (1377-1379), CHRIS GIVEN-WILSON (1380-1421), ANNE CURRY (1422-1453), ROSEMARY HORROX (1455-1504).
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Volume editors: Paul Brand (v.1-v.2); Seymour Phillips (v.3); Seymour Phillips & Mark Ormrod (v.4); Mark Ormrod (v.5); Geoffrey Martin & Chris Given-Wilson (v.6); Chris Given-Wilson (v.7-v.9); Anne Curry (v.10-v.11); Anne Curry & Rosemary Horrox (v.12); Rosemary Horrox (v.13-v.16).
- Also issued online.
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: