Carbon management in the built environment
- Rohinton Emmanuel and Keith Baker.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
- Physical description
- xviii, 216 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Engineering Library (Terman)
TH880 .E485 2012
- Unknown TH880 .E485 2012
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Historical Background: from Sustainable Development to Carbon Management 2. Overview of Climate Change 3. Sectoral Approaches to Carbon Management 4. Energy Generation for a Low Carbon Built Environment 5. Carbon Management in the New Build 6. Carbon Management in the Existing Stock 7. Carbon Management in Cities 8. Operational and Embodied Carbon in Buildings 9. Regulations and Incentives for Low/Zero Carbon (LZC) Buildings 10. Tools and Assessment Systems for the Construction Industry 11. Carbon, GHG and Sustainability Accounting 12. Carbon Accounting in Organisations and Industry.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Three broad sectors of the economy are generally recognized as key to a low carbon future: energy, construction and transportation. Of these, carbon management in the built environment remains the least well-studied. This much-needed book brings together the latest developments in the field of climate change science, building design, materials science, energy and policy in a form readily accessible to both students of the built environment and practitioners. Although several books exist in the broad area of carbon management, this is the first to bring together carbon management technology, technique and policy as they apply to the building sector. Clear and succinct sections on the overarching principles, policies, approaches and technologies are combined with case studies and more in-depth coverage of the most relevant topics. It explains how to produce a simple carbon footprint calculation, while also being an informative guide for those developing or implementing more advanced approaches. This easy to read book is the ideal primer for anyone needing to get to grips with carbon management in the built environment.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780415684064 (hbk.)
- 0415684064 (hbk.)
- 9780415684071 (pbk.)
- 0415684072 (pbk.)
- 9780203803318 (ebk.)
- 0203803310 (ebk.)